17 February 2010

Welcome to the Wardrobe

Some of you may find me insane for doing this challenge.

Scratch that, probably all of you think I'm insane.

However, don't think I jumped into this without a day or two loaded down with shopping bags. I mean if I'm to go a year with no clothing purchases, I figured I needed to "stock up." And no, that's not cheating. A few essentials were needed for the journey...and perhaps some nonessentials were thrown into the mix too.

A peek of a few of my last minute buys:
(Perhaps, you shall find some inspiration for your future purchases.)

Black Skinny Jeans


A Bretton Stripe Tee and Dress

Black Studded Skirt

A Gray Blazer

Tie Dye Pants

Basic colored tees and an assortment of leggings including a houndstooth pair and some velvet ones to go a tad bit out of the norm.

P.S. Don't worry, I too think I'm slightly crazy.

4 comments:

  1. One last shopping jaunt for me today if I can squeeze it in and I'm on the wagon...at least through Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you'll find that the money would have been better spent on underwear and socks than on a studded skirt.... a friend of mine did this and by the end she was actually Darning Socks to get herself through to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two weeks before I started my fast I used some clothing coupons/discounts. I bought a pair of plain gray trousers, a white long-sleeve t-shirt, and a brown sweater. To me, those were essential items. I'm not sure how tie-dye jeans and a studded skirt are deemed essential?

    Obviously, we play by different rules but I think this fast will be harder for you than it was for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I said I threw in some nonessentials to my shopping. They were on sale...and I LOVE a good bargain.

    ReplyDelete

hit counter